- 4.5 million cubic feet of snow removed
- 949 pieces of equipment deployed
- $55.3 million spent on snow removal
District employees and contractors worked 12-hour shifts for nearly a week after Winter Storm Jonas dropped 26 inches of snow on the District on January 22 and 23, said Chris Geldart, director of the District’s Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency (HSEMA), testifying at a roundtable in City Council chambers on Feb. 18.
- 14 citations issued to businesses for failing to clear sidewalks
- 7 days that wheelchair users were homebound
- 5-foot high piles of snow piled on curb ramps